IntelliDoor Home, Commercial, Industrial, and Alarmed
As the first-ever mesh rotating doors, the IntelliDoor Home, IntelliDoor Commercial, IntelliDoor Industrial, and IntelliDoor Alarmed allow for incredible detail in only a single prim each. Previously, the only options for one-prim doors were the Tredpro Sculpted Doors or the A.E. Worx doors. Tredpro's doors were prone to resetting improperly and did not have any access control or customization. The A.E. Worx doors were not scripted at all.
The IntelliDoor series use notecard configuration and Gentek's theme codes to allow for vast customization. They differ in that they use different models and some separate customization options, but are scripted mostly the same.
NOTE: The IntelliDoor Alarmed will always sound an alarm when opened, even when through the API, a Keypad, or a Proxkey.
- Rez the door and position it into the frame. If need be, resize it.
- Open the _config notecard in the door. For more information on the _config values, read the sections labeled "CONFIG VALUES". For now, change the door ID.
- Test the door by clicking it. If you want the door to open the other way, go back into the _config notecard and change the Reversed setting.
For v3.0 and later, you can link the door to other objects if you wish.
The door textures are now included in each package; simply drag them onto each side of the door to set the door's texture. The textures are prefixed with "Tex-IDHome", "Tex-IDCommercial", "Tex-IDIndustrial", and "Tex-IDAlarmed", respectively. You can also create your own textures (see below).
For the IntelliDoor Home, note that the frame textures ("Tex-IDHome-Frame") should be dragged onto the frame of the door, while additional textures are included for the panels ("Tex-IDHome-Panel") which should be dragged onto the upper and lower panels.
For the IntelliDoor Industrial & Alarmed, if you have the glass hidden, you will have to also apply the texture to the panel that is covering the glass.
- DoorID: This is the door's identifier. Each door (or set of synced doors) should have a separate ID. The ID can be any alphanumeric string (A-Z, 0-9, space). All IntelliDoor components are owner-only so don't worry about conflicting IDs from other people.
- Access: This is the base access setting. If the door is locked, this group of people can always access it anyway by clicking on it. Can be "Everyone", "Group", or "Owner". (If you put "Group" here, the door's group will be able to click the door to use it, but they won't be able to use any controllers unless you also set them to "Group".) Lock must be "Yes" for this to do anything.
- Reversed: Changes the direction of the door's swing.
- Synced: This controls how far the door will send commands for synced doors.
- If you only have a single door, leave this as Off.
- If you have double doors, set this to Near. Make sure the Reversed setting is different in each door so they swing the same direction (assuming they are rotated opposite each other).
- If you want two or more doors using the same DoorID to open and close at the same time that are over 10m away from each other, set this to Far (up to 96m) or Region (region-wide).
- It's especially important to set this as restrictive as possible if you are including this in a prefab building that will be rezzed multiple times in the same area. This is because doors with the same DoorID within range will open and close simultaneously. For example, if the front doors to a series of prefabs are set to a sync range that allows them to communicate, they will all open at the same time, even though they are in separate copies of the building. It's also a good idea to give unique DoorID values in each prefab you sell to avoid these conflicts.
- Autoclose: If you don't want autoclose, leave this as 0. Otherwise, it is the number of seconds the door waits until closing automatically.
- Whitelist: The list of people that will always be able to click the door to operate it. This does not affect buttons and controllers. Separate with commas. NOTE: Whitelist names are usernames (nelson.jenkins, newbie), not legacy names (Nelson Jenkins, Newbie Resident). If you have more than 10 names, please read "Extended Whitelist" below.
- GSS: If you are using a Global Security Server, enter its name in this field. The IntelliDoor GSS provides a "master" whitelist and blacklist for doors that subscribe to it (for example, if you have a group of doors that you want a list of people to control).
- AKS: This is for a future product. Ignore this field.
- Sounds: These are UUIDs played when the door opens and closes. Note that the door close sound is played when the door finishes rotating. Two sets of sounds are provided in the notecard.
- Doorknob (Home & Commercial only): The type of doorknob used on the door. For the Home, this can be Knob or Handle. For the Commercial, this can be Pull, Handle, or Pushbar (and you can set it different on each side).
- FrontPushbar (Industrial & Alarmed only): Shows or hides the pushbar on the front of the door.
- RearPushbar (Industrial & Alarmed only): Shows or hides the pushbar on the rear of the door.
- Glass (Industrial & Alarmed only): When set to "Hide", covers up the glass pane.
Because of LSL limitations, the whitelist line can only be read for 255 characters. However, the IntelliDoor system supports multiple whitelist lines. To be safe, separate your whitelist into 10-name increments, like so:
WHITELIST=User01, User02, User03, User04, User05, User06, User07, User08, User09, User10
WHITELIST=User11, User12, User13, User14
You can have as many whitelist lines as you need.
You can reset a door by editing it and going to Tools -> Reset Scripts in Selection. MAKE SURE the door is fully closed before resetting it.
Builder Kit Instructions
Follow this guide before using your Builder Kit components, or they will break.
Make sure you review the Full Permissions Agreement to understand how you may distribute IntelliDoor products. Remember, objects in violation of this agreement will be remotely deleted. Therefore, make sure you follow the above instructions exactly.
As of v3.0, the IntelliDoor has an API for controlling individual doors and components. All API communication is done on channel -494827459.
For the following, [BBID] specifies the Buildbox ID. By default, this should be NONE. However, if your doors were rezzed as part of a building through a Buildbox, it will have been set. You can get the Buildbox ID by selecting a door and checking its description - it should read BBID followed by the ID, which is usually formatted as a 36-character UUID. You can also set up your API-enabled item in the building such that it accepts and stores the Buildbox ID when it is rezzed. Note that Buildbox IDs do not change once the object is rezzed.
The IntelliDoor Home, Commercial, Industrial, and Alarmed accept the following API commands:
- [BBID][DoorID]&&open - Opens the door.
- [BBID][DoorID]&&close - Closes the door.
- [BBID][DoorID]&&unlock - Unlocks the door, allowing anyone to open it.
- [BBID][DoorID]&&lock - Locks the door, returning it to its default state.
The IntelliDoor Home, Commercial, Industrial, and Alarmed also send the following API command:
- [BBID][DoorID]&&clear - Indicates that the door was opened. If you unlocked the door, send the &&lock command to relock it when you receive this, as it is not relocked automatically.
Note that if the "Synced" option in the door is set to something other than Off, it will also send the &&open and &&close commands when touched to automatically open synced doors.
As of v3.0, textures are included in the box. You can also make your own textures with these PSD files:
Updates & Release Notes
You can update your IntelliDoor by rezzing the Update Box.
- Door will now go phantom immediately on opening instead of once finished opening
- Fixed linked prims going phantom when door is opened (if door is linked to other prims).
- Implemented Buildbox integration
- Doors now automatically reset when GSS is reset
- Usernames in whitelist are no longer case-sensitive
- Blacklist removed
- Default textures now included in the box
- Custom textures possible with PSDs in manual
- Communications now streamlined onto single channel for less lag
- API added
- Doors are now all linkable to buildings for easier prefab packaging
- Industrial & Alarmed models added
- v2.1.1 (Commercial Only)
- Added Handle from Home, renamed Commercial Handle to Pull.
- Primary public release.