Gentek Company Policy
This policy applies to all products and services sold by Gentek unless stated otherwise in the product manual or service agreement.
Gentek (hereafter "we") does not accept any returns. Most Second Life products are copyable and non-transferable.
- We offer refunds only for double purchases for products purchased after January 1, 2010 when reported within 7 days of the last purchase.
- NOTE: For purchases made through the Marketplace, affiliate vendors, or other methods in which Gentek only receives part of the purchase price, Gentek will only refund that amount, NOT the purchase price. To avoid this, we recommend purchasing products directly from our main store.
- We do not offer refunds on purchases made by mistake, or purchases made based on a misinterpretation of product capabilities and limitations. It is the customer's responsibility to contact us and ensure that the product will fit their needs.
- We do not offer refunds on purchases that are not shown in both sales and transaction logs.
- We do not offer refunds, redeliveries, or additional support (such as manual database operations) on products which have been discontinued (i.e. are no longer available for purchase). This includes old versions.
- We do not offer refunds, redeliveries, or support to customers in cases we deem to have extenuating circumstances.
- We are obligated to deliver products purchased which have failed to be delivered and will do so as soon as possible after the misdelivery is reported.
We do not transfer purchases to other accounts, even if they are owned by the same person.
We do not negotiate permissions for its products. Products are only sold with the permissions on the vendor image.
Changes to This Document
This warranty only applies to products that do not include a warranty of their own (and products that link to this warranty as their own).
Gentek's warranty obligations are limited to the terms set forth below: Gentek warrants their products against defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime of the product. If a defect exists, at its option Gentek will repair the product at no charge and send an update. A replacement product/part assumes the remaining warranty of the original product. Service fees do not apply for the duration of your warranty for any purpose including but not limited to installation help and technical support.
Warranty Exclusions and Limitations
This Lifetime Warranty applies only to products manufactured by or for Gentek. This Lifetime Warranty does not apply to any non-Gentek software, even if packaged or sold with Gentek software. Non-Gentek manufacturers, suppliers, or publishers may provide their own warranties. Gentek and its affiliates are not liable for any damage to or loss of any programs, data, or other information stored on any media, or any non-Gentek product or part not covered by this warranty. Recovery and reinstallation of user data is not covered under this Lifetime Warranty. This warranty does not apply: (a) to damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, misapplication, or non-Gentek products; (b) to damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not the product's original creator or a certified support agent; (c) to a product or a part that has been modified without the written permission of Gentek; or (d) to products not sold through Gentek or its affiliates/resellers.
THIS WARRANTY AND REMEDIES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, REMEDIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, UNLESS THE WARRANTY IS INCLUDED WITHIN THE PRODUCT INFO NOTECARD AND/OR IS ON THE SUPPORT PAGE. GENTEK SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IF GENTEK CANNOT LAWFULLY DISCLAIM IMPLIED WARRANTIES UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO 30 DAYS.
GENTEK IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY OR CONDITION, OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS, DOWNTIME, GOODWILL, DAMAGE TO OR REPLACEMENT OF EQUIPMENT AND PROPERTY, ANY COSTS OF RECOVERING, REPROGRAMMING, OR REPRODUCING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA STORED IN OR USED WITH GENTEK PRODUCTS, AND ANY FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA STORED ON THE PRODUCT. GENTEK SPECIFICALLY DOES NOT REPRESENT THAT IT WILL BE ABLE TO REPAIR ANY PRODUCT UNDER THIS WARRANTY OR MAKE A PRODUCT EXCHANGE WITHOUT RISK TO OR LOSS OF SCRIPTS OR DATA.
Full Permissions Agreement
The Full Permissions Agreement (FPA) has been transferred into the NTBI Limited Transferable Product License (LTPL). All products bound by the FPA are now bound by the NTBI LTPL, and its terms are incorporated herein. is now called the Transferable Product Agreement (TPA). All products bound by the FPA are now bound by the TPA (see below).
Transferable Product Agreement
The Transferable Product Agreement (TPA) has been transferred into the NTBI Limited Transferable Product License (LTPL). All products bound by the FPA are now bound by the NTBI LTPL, and its terms are incorporated herein.
Review Rewards Program
The terms & conditions of the Review Rewards Program is available on the NTBI Review Rewards Program page.
We do not store any user data on our servers except the following, unless stated elsewhere:
- Avatar name & avatar key/UUID: This data is collected by Gentek for registration identification purposes in our products and CasperVend for use in their vendor systems.
- Parcel & region data (including owner name & key/UUID): This data is collected by Gentek through reseller/affiliate vendors and all payment tools (objects which process user payments) for transaction records.
- Times and dates of use: This data is collected by Gentek through some products (genPhone series) to measure network load and usage metrics.
- Voluntarily-stored information: genPhone voicemails and other voluntarily-stored information is stored by Gentek for a minimum of 90 days for legal purposes.
- IP address: Your IP address is logged and stored by NTBI and our webhost when you visit this website. We do not access nor store your IP address through other means, such as Second Life. We cannot remove this data.
If you would like to have your data removed from our servers, please contact us.
Copyright & Trademark Notice
This website, its sitemap design, the information herein, product names, product designs, store locations (with the exception of building objects in rental instances), in-world Second Life objects and items bearing the Gentek name and/or logo, and included scripts, textures, objects, and other inventory are the property of Gentek, Nelson Jenkins, and the Second Life® account owner of Nelson Jenkins unless specified otherwise. No materials contained in this website, nor its design, nor any item or data using a Gentek trademark, patent, design, script, texture, object, or other inventory may be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published, or broadcast without the prior written permission of one of the entities that retain the rights that apply to them. You may not alter or remove any trademark, copyright, or other notice from copies of the content.
Second Life and Linden Lab are trademarks of Linden Research, Inc.
All other trademarks are those of their respective owners. No infringement is intended.