The TPF fire is one of the main parts of the fire system (its the fire duh).
Ability to spread relative to the wind direction like real fire.
Realistic animation and sound effect(just the one).
Reacts to its surroundings, more junk means more stuff to spread to.
The fire can spread to objects nearby, however it will not spread infinitely. The fire currently follows these rules.
- The fire will search for a nearby object in the direction of the wind.
- if an object is found and the fire has not yet rezzed, it will rez one piece of fire.
- If an object is found and the fire has already rezzed twice it will not rez.
- If the fire is past the max number of generations listed in the parcel (0 if not listed) it will not spread.
So if you rez one fire and it rezzes every chance it can.
- With a parcel setting of 1 3 fires will rez.
- With a parcel setting of 2 7 fires will rez.
- With a parcel setting of 3 21 fires will rez.
- And so on.
It is advised to keep your parcel settings low as a lot of fire can quickly eat prims.
Place ONE fire prim in a area you want to light on fire (most of the time one prim is all it takes to grow a blaze). Placing more than one prim can lead to unexpected results. Use with caution.