Road Sign Kit
Road Sign Kit vendor image.
|Availability||Marketplace & In-World|
The Road Sign Kit is a set of 429 road signs based on the US FHWA MUTCD 2003 specifications.
- Rez road signs. It's easiest to do this with Use Grid enabled (go into the Edit menu, on the upper right there should be a checkbox labeled "Use Grid" or "Snap", check this). Then drag the sign using the Position tool and lock it to a grid position. This makes stacking signs easier (see below).
- If you want more than one sign on a pole ("stacked" signs) or you want to have a sign without the pole, start with the HIGHEST sign. For the sign below it, rez it and go into the Edit menu, choose the Select Face tool, and click the pole. Then, on the Texture tab (if there is no tab, click the expand arrow at the bottom of the window) change Transparency % to 100. This should make the pole disappear. If it makes the whole sign disappear, you messed it up. Position the lower sign on the highest sign's pole (use Snap To Grid to make it perfectly aligned).
Do NOT stretch or re-texture the road signs. They have been textured specifically from the Federal Highway Administration's MUTCD specifications. If the sign is too high, lower it into the ground.
Why are my signs blurry?
We set up the signs so that they're all on just 3 textures, and just 2 mesh objects. This prevents hundreds of textures from loading sequentially and, ultimately, just never loading at all. We think it's better to have always-loaded, always-visible signs than extra-detailed prim and memory hogs.
Updates & Release Notes
You can update your Road Sign Kit by rezzing the Updater Box.
- Made all signs mesh.
- Removed white arrows & cardinals and pedestal crossing signs because of texture space constraints.
- Added hundreds of more road signs & route markers.
- Made all signs modifiable so they can be stacked.
- Primary public release.